Writing class: Brita

This class is for both new writers who want to learn some basics, standards, and tips, or for experienced writers who want to refresh their skills or learn something new. It was written with both over-all writing standards in mind, but also with more than ten years of experience in Grey Tower writing.
Inactive Member

Writing class: Brita

Postby Brita » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:59 pm

Name: Brita
E-mail britad [at] gmail.com

I feel rusty, more than anything. I haven't written much in English especially the last few years. That, and I'd like some assistance in making my writing more 'alive', if you get what I mean. Especially for characters who aren't well educated; I am having problems getting them to talk in a realistic manner because I am far too fond of using fancy words :P.

Also, because English isn't my first language I occasionally make mistakes regarding which word to use when, so if you see any of that going on, please do point it out to me.

Green Head of Ajah Female
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Re: Writing class: Brita

Postby Bella » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:33 pm

Welcome to class! You may begin at your leisure. :)

I've worked with a lot of role-players who spoke English as a second (or third/etc.,) language, so I will keep that in mind in particular when reviewing your lessons.

Inactive Member

Postby Brita » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:28 pm

Thank you! I am looking forward to getting some constructive feedback on my writing.

Lessons 1&2 are read and understood. Have started to write up something for lesson #3, but probably won't post it until tomorrow or even Saturday.

Green Head of Ajah Female
PC: Miahala Darrow Sedai
SC: Lysira Viathene Gaidin
TC: Gareth Tomosan Asha'man
QC: Natlya Cade Gaidin
QC: Andraste Alhandra Sedai

Postby Bella » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:28 pm

Go ahead and post lesson three whenever you're ready, and I'll be here. :)

Return to “Writing Basics”