Chapter Triple-Meh: Thwarted (Amaranie & Vitale!)

There is a saying among Aes Sedai...
Red Head of Ajah Male
PC: Jaryd Kosari
SC: Dakson Torellion
TC: Jesinne Molari
QC: Finn

Chapter Triple-Meh: Thwarted (Amaranie & Vitale!)

Postby Marla » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:57 pm

Jesi

No one had thought to check Jesi's hands before sending her back to her chambers to rest and change back into appropriate attire, and thus none had noticed the absence of her ring. For that small mercy should be grateful. Little else in that day seemed worthy of celebration. She and Paks should be far away and the Tower too pre-occupied to notice their absence for a long time.

Instead, thanks to her ridiculous need for a moment of fun, they had been stopped and turned back at the gate, the guards there informing them in no uncertain terms that due to heightened security even mid-ranks could not leave the Tower grounds. Burn me, I am an idiot! At least she wasn't a lonely idiot, however. Paks remained in her mind, comfortable, warm, present, and apparently not harboring any lingering grudge for their circumstance.

The gold band had returned to its required place on the Accepted's third finger, and she and two other unfortunates were tending to Ninya Evoneigh’s every bloody need. And they were plenty. Wine. Food. Fetch this Aes Sedai. Take this message here, take that message there. When the requests were not piling on, they sat on a bench outside the Keeper’s office and waited.

“Okay, I can’t stand it anymore,” Jesi declared as she collapsed onto the bench between the man she now knew to be called Vitale, and a novice named Amaranie. “That woman's eyes give me the heebie-jeebies! What in the bloody Light happened last night?”
Image Image Image Image
"If there's nothing left I'll have your voice; talking me into sleep, into the void."

Aes Sedai Blue
PC: Liaran Sedai, Blue Ajah
SC: Amaranie Tice, Novice

Re: Chapter Triple-Meh: Thwarted (Amaranie & Vitale!)

Postby Alianora » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:11 pm

Amaranie

Amaranie would have liked to have known what offense she had committed against the Creator, for surely she must have to find herself serving the Amyrlin yet again. She had hoped, at first, that what she'd seen last night had been unusual, and that the Amyrlin wouldn't seem so odd this morning, but her hopes had been in vain. If anything, she actually seemed worse. Her eyes were flat and lifeless, and her very movements appeared forced. It was difficult for Amaranie not to shiver every time she was summoned, and almost impossible to smile pleasantly, serve as required, and pretend as though there wasn't something about the Amyrlin that absolutely terrified her.

She had thought, at first, that it was a problem that only she had. The Accepted she'd served with last night, Zarayne, hadn't seemed to think much was wrong, and the Soldier had hardly said a word. She might have continued to think so had the Accepted seated beside her not commented, rather loudly, on the wrongness filling the Amyrlin's eyes. Amaranie blinked at the other woman, surprised she could bring herself to say such a thing where other people could hear.

"Nothing happened last night," she said quickly. That was true. There was nothing in particular that had gone wrong during the feast, or at least nothing noticeable. What troubled Amaranie was all the small details: the dead eyes, the blank expression, the barking of orders and snatching of messages and food from all of their hands. At best, her behavior had been unsettling, and to Amaranie downright frightening, but the novice didn't know how to explain it. She added, "Well, nothing...big. But her eyes were the same, last night. She just feels off somehow, and it makes my skin crawl. I don't know what to call it, but when she looks at me with those eyes, it's as if.....as if there wasn't even a person sitting there." She did shiver then, and didn't even try to fight it, out here where only the Accepted and the Soldier could see her.

Soldier
PC: Vitale Ahenila

Postby Paul » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:53 am

Vitale had discovered something he enjoyed almost as much as the forge. It surprised him, with all of the people who had made his life feel like the Pit of Doom growing up, that he should find studying people and their habits this enjoyable. The night before had been a thrilling exercise, even if he had run as soon as the group he was with began to break apart. People were more interesting to watch than to talk to.

Today he had a duty that allowed him free reign to study. He had yet to attend the Amyrlin before and knew next to nothing about the woman herself, save what he could observe. However, what he observed terrified him. Her eyes were as flat and lifeless as any he had seen. Once a man had accidentally killed his own son during a Trolloc raid and had walked around with that same look for the weeks it took before he took his own life. But as far as Vitale knew, the Amrylin wasn’t in mourning.

The Novie and Accepted he was attending with were new to him, but Vitale couldn’t find it in himself to even attempt to analyze them, the Amrylin consumed his thoughts. It was just so odd that a woman with so much power could seem so dead inside. As Amaranie explained how she’d felt the night before however, Vitale sat up straighter. His large Arafellan eyes widening slightly.

“I have noticed this deadness as well...I assumed because I did not know her that something had happened to make her act this way. But if she did the same last night...Light, what a mess. If something is wrong, how are we to do anything about it?”

It said something about the level of uncomfortableness he felt over the Amyrlin that he was so free with his tongue. He usually never said more than he had to to anyone. But this seemed an important issue, and had taken all of his attention.

Aes Sedai Blue

Postby Alianora » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:14 pm

Amaranie
Amaranie blinked at the Soldier, frowning at the question he asked. The novice shook her head. "She's the Amyrlin Seat," she whispered, so that only the two sitting with her could hear. "There's nothing any of us could do for her even if something were wrong." Just thinking about the woman made Amaranie's stomach turn. She didn't want to see any more of the Amyrlin than she already had. "And besides, what could possibly be wrong with her?" The Amyrlin, after all, was one of the most powerful women in the world. Amaranie couldn't think of what could possibly be bothering such a woman.

Briefly, she considered the suggestion that the Accepted, Zarayne, had made last night, that one of them should go find a Yellow. Amaranie hadn't been sure that was a good idea then, and she was even less sure of it this morning. She couldn't identify, even to herself, what she saw in the Amyrlin that had her so scared, except for the vague feeling of something just not being quite right about her. It was hardly enough to convince someone else that the woman needed help, even had Amaranie been brave enough to ask, which she was not. The novice looked nervously at the nearby door, half expecting to be summoned away at any moment.Then what do we do? she asked herself silently, but she had no answer to her own question.

Red Head of Ajah Male
PC: Jaryd Kosari
SC: Dakson Torellion
TC: Jesinne Molari
QC: Finn

Postby Marla » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:56 pm

Jesi

Jesi looked back and forth between the novice and the soldier, eyebrows climbing toward her hairline. “I spoke too freely,” the Mayener said in a lower tone, putting a hand on each of their shoulders and drawing them closer, her voice dropping accordingly. “Be wary.” She nodded to the Aes Sedai standing at the far end of the corridor. They clearly had not heard their exchange so far, but it never hurt to be careful.

“I don’t know what’s wrong,” Jesi continued, speaking rapidly, but still low. “But something definitely is. “I’ve served her before and she was Aes Sedai to her toenails, but never...never like...this. An hour ago she sent Weira Sedai to scrub pots for a week for simply asking a question.” Ninya had also ordered the Grey to wear white while doing so. Stories of such treatment came from Tar Valon occasionally, but Jesi could not remember anything of the sort in the Grey Tower. Ever.

“The gates were closed last night,” she added. “Was that on her order, do you think?” And if it was, what possible purpose could the woman have for locking them in? The possibilities made Jesi feel something she disliked immensely: fear.
Image Image Image Image
"If there's nothing left I'll have your voice; talking me into sleep, into the void."

Soldier
PC: Vitale Ahenila

Postby Paul » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:14 am

Vitale cut his eyes toward the Accepted as she spoke spoke. How does she know the Gates were closed last night...I didn’t think even Accepted were allowed out of the Gates… Vitale smoothed his brow out though, as there were more pressing concerns to deal with. But he kept the thought in the back of his head to work on like a puzzle.

The Aes Sedai at the end of the corridor surprised Vitale. He prided himself on not being caught off guard by anyone and usually caught any movement at the sides of his vision. It was a talent necessary when living with a family that used him as a whipping post. Keeping his eyes on the Aes Sedai he lowered his voice and let himself be drawn closer to the Accepted.

“I don’t claim to know the inner workings of the Amyrlin’s mind, but I can’t think of any reason to close the gates, especially on a Festival night…” Vitale shivered as the possibilities he didn’t want to consider pushed themselves to the front of his mind.

He had been locked into his family home once as a child and it had been the most terrifying night of his life...and one he never wanted to repeat. His voice shaking slightly, Vitale continued, “Do you think...should we tell someone? Maybe someone of the Yellow Ajah can check and see if there is something wrong with her...or her mind?” If they could get anyone to take them seriously that is...that something was very wrong with the Amyrlin Seat herself.

Aes Sedai Blue

Postby Alianora » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:28 pm

Amaranie
Amaranie lowered her head, leaning in closer to the other two. She didn't know what to think of the Accepted's comments. She'd never heard of an Aes Sedai being sent to do chores with the novices before, and by now, Amaranie had scrubbed enough pots that she was sure she would have noticed if that were a common punishment for them. She did not think that it was. And the gates had been closed? She hadn't noticed, but that didn't sound good either. Amaranie had not thought the Tower's gates ever closed. Before she could say anything the Soldier was speaking. It seemed that he wasn't sure why the gates would have been closed either.

He sounded nervous as he suggested that they tell someone, an idea to which Amaranie immediately shook her head. Who would believe them? At best, they would get extra chores, and at worst, the wrath of the Amyrlin Seat focused directly on the three of them. Amaranie shivered as she spoke. "Accepted Zarayne mentioned getting a Yellow last night, but I'm not sure that's a good idea."Do you really trust any of them? she wondered to herself, though she wasn't about to ask. "Can you think of any of the Yellows who would believe us? And anyways, what if it's not something that can be Healed?" Her voice trailed off until it was almost inaudible. "I don't want her to have any reason to pay attention to us," Amaranie said. Bad enough that we have to be here serving her.

Return to “MRP: As the Wheel Wills”