The Brown Ajah
From The Grey Tower Library
|The Hall of Ajahs|
|Roster of the Brown Ajah (7)|
- What is the focus of the Brown Ajah?
- The Brown Ajah is focused on knowledge in all its forms. Books are a common source of knowledge, so libraries large and small are often haunted by Browns, but there are those who like to study things directly, as well, and those who like to theorize rather than concern themselves with hard facts. Many Browns choose a specific branch of study, but it's not a requirement to be a Brown. The White and Indigo Ajahs are really just specialized branches of the Brown. ^_~
- Why should I choose the Brown Ajah?
- You should choose the Brown Ajah if you enjoy learning new things, studying old things, late nights in the library with a cup of kaf, early mornings with a cup of tea, and the decadence of warm brownies smothered in caramel sauce and whipped cream.
- Who are some famous members of the Brown Ajah?
- Verin Mathwin is the most famous Brown from the Wheel of Time series, but also Brown are Adeleas, Danelle, and Marillin Gemalphin (who was also Black). Indiana Jones and Evelyn Carnahan from The Mummy are also excellent and famous examples of characters who likely would have chosen the Brown. In the Grey Tower, one of our most famous Browns of the past was Elan Morin Tedronai.
- What are some things that are Brown?
- Cinnamon, cassia, nutmeg, and cloves are all brown, as is good Two Rivers pipe tabac. Coffee and cute furry otters. Mud is brown. Brown paper packages tied up with string. And, of course, brownies are deliciously brown.
- How do I get some of these brownies you keep talking about?
- Any member of the Brown Ajah will be happy to share virtual brownies with you and might even bestow brownie points upon you if you do something to deserve it. In real life, you might try baking, or buying, your own?