|Novices and Soldiers...|
IC: Failure to comply with these rules will result in punishment as dictated by the Mistress of Novices or Master of Soldiers.
- shall not bond, or be bonded as Warders
- shall refrain from distracting relationships with Tower staff or other trainees and may not wed
- shall address Aes Sedai and Asha'man correctly and with utmost respect at all times
- shall follow the instructions of Accepted or Dedicated and show them no less than the respect they deserve...but certainly no more
- shall not channel the One Power without the supervision of an Accepted, Dedicated, Asha'man or Aes Sedai
- shall not leave the grounds of the Grey Tower without special dispensation from an Aes Sedai or Asha'man
- shall attempt to keep to the Three Oaths
- shall not claim or pretend to hold any rank higher than their own
- shall keep to the areas of the Tower in which they are allowed, especially avoiding the ter'angreal Storeroom, the Hall of the Sitters, the Officers' Halls and the subterranean vaults
- shall under no circumstances participate in so-called 'pranks' or other such childishness
- shall arrive for classes on time, in the correct frame of mind, and bring the appropriate notes
- shall ensure that their dress and appearance reflects the pride of the Tower at all times, with particular attention to the correct mode of dress
- shall not enter the living quarters of the opposite gender unless commanded on an errand there
- Novices shall not laze near the Warder Yard during training hours
- shall be ready to perform chores with alacrity at all times
- shall be in their rooms within four hours after Low
- shall keep their rooms clean
- shall return Library books on time
OOC: These are IC rules, and if you wish your character to transgress them, it must be done in a way that accurately reflects RJ's world. Your character would probably be most unwilling to break the rules, and so his/her reluctance should be roleplayed, along with the steps he/she takes to avoid notice. Breaking rules nearer the top of the list will result in more severe punishments than those nearer the bottom.
Your character also runs the risk of discovery, which will result in IC punishment, ranging from stilling and executing (eg: for using the One Power to help your bonded stable-boy darkfriend husband murder an Aes Sedai in the Hall of Sitters while returning an overdue Library book four and a half hours after Low), down to dishwashing (eg: for forgetting to address an Aes Sedai correctly). For further detail on IC punishments, visit the Punishments for Learning Ranks page.
Breaking these rules can form the basis of a good RP, but you must be prepared for your character to accept punishment as part of the RP, should this occur.